Nonprofits all over the U.S. are using the Databank to create positive social change in their communities. Here are some recent successes our clients are celebrating from the election on Tuesday:
- The Nevada Conservation League saw 94% of their endorsed candidates win their races. To help these candidates get elected, the NCL raised over $90,000 in the past two months.
- During their voter engagement campaign, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth registered 4,814 voters, made 12,551 phone calls, and distributed over 40,000 voter guides.
- Maine Conservation Voters are happy to see 73% of their endorsed candidates elected, with some still too close to call. Additionally, voters passed the MCV supported $5 million bond for the Land for Maine’s Future program.
- Marcus Riccelli of Spokane, WA won his race for State representative of Washington’s 3rd District.
- For the second consecutive presidential election cycle, ScienceDebate.org was able to interview both presidential candidates on their Top American Science Questions. These questions were developed through crowdsourcing on their website and Facebook page.
- Wellstone Action saw victory in 25 states that they had invested their efforts in to help elect candidates and pass or defeat measures related to social justice. Many alumni of their training program were involved in these campaigns.
- The Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters saw 64% of their endorsed candidates get elected to the state legislature.
- Conservation Alabama was able to educate over 750,000 voters about supporting the Forever Wild Land Trust. This helped the amendment to extend funding for the Forever Wild Land Trust pass with over 75% of the vote.
- The New York League of Conservation Voters had their largest and most successful campaign this year. Their PAC raised over $300,000 and all three of their priority State Senate candidates were elected.
- TakeAction Minnesota spent the campaign season engaging voters to “Vote No” on amendments limiting marriage to heterosexual couples and restricting the right to vote. Both amendments were defeated.
- The Oregon League of Conservation Voters achieved their goal of a pro-conservation majority in the Oregon State House. They also saw all of their endorsed incumbents win re-election in both the House and Senate.
- The Texas League of Conservation Voters celebrated the passing of two conservation bond measures by voters. Many of their endorsed candidates also won important races in the Texas State House.
- After a close race, Washington Conservation Voters are happy to announce that Jay Inslee was elected as governor of Washington. WCV recruited nearly 1,000 volunteers and contacted 875,000 voters via email to help elect Inslee.
Don’t see your success here? Leave a comment or email email@example.com